Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How Does a College Student Make Money Online? True Story

Just think what a weight would roll off your shoulders if you didn't have to worry about your kid making money while they were in college?

I noticed my neighbor taking out the trash the other morning. Now this may not sound odd to you, but ever since they moved in two years ago, he would always take the trash out the night before because he was usually up at 3:00 AM to go to work as a delivery driver. I waved to him and wondered what was going on, was he on vacation?

Later that day, his son, Adrian, was at our house hanging out with my son Jim; the two were talking about college. I overheard that his dad had been laid off and that he wasn't even sure if he was going to college anymore. I almost cried when I heard that.

I knew what it's like my husband was in risk of losing his job as well, we also feared that perhaps our son may not be able to go to college.

Next, I heard Jim, ask his friend if he knew a way how a college kid might make money online. I panicked! If he was looking to make money online it must be a scam and I did not want them to get taken.

I knew you couldn't trust the internet right?

Isn't this a recipe for disaster; turning to the Internet to try to make money because you are in a desperate situation?

I myself had fallen victim to one of those late night infomercials. The promise that all I had to do was push a button online and profits would come pouring in. They said that any idiot can set this up in their spare time and have money pouring into their bank account without lifting a finger. I was so angry! I never made a dime off this system.
After that I felt like the idiot!

Sure you can get all the free web sites you can handle, but if you don't have people going to those websites you are not going to make any money. They don't tell you that in the infomercial; they make it seem so simple, but it's not. You really need a detailed plan, a step-by-step guide to make it work.

I felt a little relief, that evening; I reminded him of what happened to me, he nodded and seemed to listen, Sometimes he can be so hard to read lately.

Then oddest thing happened, a few weeks later I got a letter in the mail. Actually the letter was addressed to my son but it was from a bank, since he didn't set up his account yet, so I assumed it was mine. Opening the letter I found a check inside for $156!

My heart beat faster, and I could feel my blood pressure rise in my temples. I thought it had to be one of those checks they send you to sign so you'll actually owe them back that money with interest.

You've heard of those right? I was sure my son was a victim to an internet rip off.

When he came that evening, I asked my son about it and he told me that he had earned that check by selling products online. He told me that he had searched on Google "how can a college kid make money online", and found an article about affiliate marketing, he had purchased a detailed how-to-guide; then basically all he did was find a hungry crowd of people looking for an answer to a problem and match them with somebody who had the solution.

I was stunned and proud, but a little doubtful. I checked into it myself, and it was true!

An independent third party called Clickbank took care of all the orders and paid him a commission. My son was quite excited about all this and so was I to tell the truth. My son and I spent the rest of the afternoon going over what he had done, and within a week I had my own campaign set up. I'm now waiting for my first Click bank check to arrive in the mail!

I was so happy! He could make money in college in his spare time, and we could actually get out of this mess!!

I have seen Jim do well, but I didn't at first, so there are two final things, I have to make working from home a reality in your life. I cannot help you with these, but they are extremely vital. Interest and Motivation, (you truly have to want to make this work) these Equal DESIRE. Look Inside, this is all up to you, you have to want it no one can do that for you. Now let me clarify it takes work, but it is SO DOABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment